Thu, 12 Sept|
Beyond Limits Learning Clinic
Youth Mental Health First Aid- NESA APPROVED *BLLC106
NESA APPROVED FOR 12.5 HOURS! Youth MHFA, facilitated by educators for educators. Delivered by BLLC's Alena Farrugia Director & National Consultant Trainer of Youth and Teen Programs at MHFA Australia.
Time & Location
12 Sept 2019, 8:45 am – 13 Sept 2019, 4:30 pm
Beyond Limits Learning Clinic, 75 Mary St, St Peters NSW 2044, Australia
About the Event
This Youth MHFA course will be presented by Beyond Limits Learning Clinic's Director, a seasoned K- 12 teacher & National Consultant Trainer of Youth & Teen Programs at MHFA Australia.
Completing BLLC's YOUTH MHFA COURSE will contribute 12 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 4.4.2, 6.2.2, 6.3.2 & 7.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
The Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) Course teaches adults (18 years and over) how to provide initial support to adolescents through to adults who are developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of a mental health problem, or who is in a mental health crisis.
During this 2-day course participants learn about the signs and symptoms of the common and disabling mental health problems, how to provide initial help, where and how to get professional help, what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective, and how to provide first aid in a crisis situation.
What can school staff expect from this 2-day training opportunity?
• Staff are equipped with correct knowledge and appropriate tools to handle crisis situations within an emotionally sensitive
and legally appropriate manner.
• A reduction in students arriving at a crisis point undetected.
• A clear and consistent protocol to ensure the emotional and physical wellbeing of staff and students.
• Pressure on school psychologists and leaders is reduced by having fellow staff correctly identifying and referring students
• The improved personal mental health of participants & reduction of stigmatic attitudes.
- Confidence in providing mental health first aid alongside increased support shown to co-workers.
Q & A
- Do you have to be a teacher to attend? No, not at all! Any interested adult is welcome to attend our training training events.
- Do I have to attend both days? If you would like to acquire your accreditation as a Youth Mental Health First Aider and/ or be awarded your 12.5 registered NESA hours, yes.
- Are tickets refundable? No, once bookings are made they are final, please be sure to check your calendar and work clearance before booking. See ticketing conditions
- If I only attend 1 day and get sick or can't make it, do you refund the missed day? No, again the booking and seat has been set for you for both days regardless of if you attend both days or not. Please be sure to check your calendar before booking. If times allows we will do out best to help secure you a seat in an alternate booking, but unfortunaly can not garrentee availability. See ticketing conditions
- Do I have to complete the accreditation? / to get my NESA registered hours? No, the final online exam which awards you your nationally recognised accreditation is not compulsory and registered hours can still be applied without its completion.
- Do I have to take myself far too seriously, arrive with no sense of humour, expect a boarding dry PD event and have an endless bag of off topic hypothetical questions that have no place in a practical, evidence based course...aaahhh no. No, in fact we'd prefer if you didn't :)
-Filming &/or photography may occur across all BLLC training events. If participants do not wish to have their image recored please make staff aware.
-Lunch is available for purchase at nearby cafes.
-Exact room location will be supplied to participants prior to training date.
Youth MHFA - NESA Accredited
Tickets are $319 pp + GST Tickets are inclusive of 2 full days of facilitation and materials.